Since social distancing is critical to flattening the COVID-19 infection-rate curve, physical contact with colleagues must be avoided.
- NO HANDSHAKING! Use a nod, a bow, or some other form of non-contact greeting that allows you to remain 3-6’ (1-2m) away from the other person.
- Use ONLY your knuckle or elbow to touch light switches. elevator buttons, etc.
- Lift the gasoline dispenser with a paper towel or use a disposable glove
- Open doors with your closed fist or hip – do not grasp the handle with your hand, unless there is no other way to open the door.
- Use disinfectant wipes at the stores when they are available, including wiping the handle and child seat in grocery carts.
- Proper handwashing means washing your hands with soap for 20 seconds or using a hand sanitizer that’s at least 70% alcohol. It’s important to handwash whenever you return home from ANY activity that involves locations where other people have been.
- Keep a bottle of sanitizer available at each of your home’s entrances, and in your car for use after getting gas or touching other contaminated objects when you can’t immediately wash your hands.